Dr. Larsen married Stephenie Sorensen in 1997. They have six children. Stephenie graduated from BYU law school and is currently busy raising the 6 kids. The kids enjoy playing sports, skiing, playing piano and spending time with their grandparents. Mitch and Steph enjoy spending time with the kids, skiing, and getting together with friends and family.
NAME: Mitchell Williams Larsen
A) Duke University Department of Orthopedics: Durham , NC.
B) Shoulder and Sports Medicine Fellowship.
1) Faculty: Carl Basamania, MD, Larry Higgins, MD, William E Garrett, MD, Claude T. Moorman, MD
2) Sports Medicine: Helped treat injuries to all Duke sports teams, including football and basketball.
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio , San Antonio , TX , 1999 – 2004.
1) Ranked: 11 th on US News and World Reports, Best Hospitals , Orthopedics, 2001.
2) Faculty: Charles A. Rockwood, David P. Green, Jesse C. DeLee, David Burkhart
3) Sports Medicine: Assisted Dr. David Schmidt with care of NBA champion San Antonio Spurs, locker room and courtside
Medical Doctorate. Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C., August 1995 – May 1999.
1) Brigham Young University, Provo , Utah , August 1988 – May 1995.
2) Bachelor of Sciences in Honors Applied Physics, Minors in Math and Music.
3) Graduated with University and Departmental Honors.
1) American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM).
2) American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS).
3) Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA).